I made some Honey Mustard Sauce a few months back and could not stop dipping my broccoli florets in it. So I decided that I needed to make a Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad. The salad is simple but full of flavor and can be stored in the fridge for a long time. This Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad is a great summer side dish. However, you can also top it with grilled chicken to make it a meal.
I hope you have some fun grilling & chilling plans coming up this weekend because I’ll be sharing 3 super fun cookout salads this week. They’re all easy to make and, more importantly – easy to make. First up – broccoli salad! This is a healthier spin on the traditional midwest broccoli salad, but it’s every bit as flavorful. Small broccoli florets are marinated in a creamy/tangy dressing, dried cranberries, and smoky tamari-roasted almonds. It’s a one-bowl recipe that’s great as a pack-able picnic salad or an easy make-ahead lunch.
Red onions can be too strong for some people. You can substitute a few sliced green onions. You can also soak your red onions in ice water for 5 minutes to dull their sharp taste.
Dried cranberries can be substituted for dried cherries, raisins or chopped dried apricots. The tart cranberry flavor is my favorite! 🙂
HOW LONG DOES HONEY Mustard BROCCOLI SALAD KEEP?
This salad is very durable because it’s made of broccoli. It’s day three and still very tasty. The broccoli is slightly softened, but the dressing is still creamy and moist. It hasn’t dried, and very little water has escaped the vegetables. It gets an A- for strength! As is my custom, I recommend that the Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad be kept in the fridge for no more than 4-5 days.
HONEY MUSTARD BROCCOLI SALAD
This Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad is a delicious summer side dish that can be prepared in minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Each cup contains 1 cup
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.80)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.09)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mayonnaise ($0.09)
- 3 Tbsp honey ($0.36)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ($0.02)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked pepper ($0.02)
- 1 large crown Broccoli (about five cups chopped) ($1.69)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion ($0.11)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds ($0.64)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ($0.22)
- Mix honey mustard dressing. Put the dressing aside.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Finely chop the red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and almonds. Stir in about half the honey mustard dressing. You can add more dressing to your taste (I used 3/4 of the batch).
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
Serving Size: 1 Cup Calories : 298.18 Kilocalories : 19.98 G Protein: 4.44 G Fat: 22.02g Sodium : 357.5m Fiber: 4.06g